Monday, February 25, 2008

I Am A Servant - sung by Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75KPMIAUfww

I Am A Servant -- ©Larry Norman Words and Music by Larry Norman
http://www.higherpraise.com/lyrics1/I_Am_A_Servant.htm

I am a servant, I've been listening for my name,

I've been unfaithful, I've been looking at the game,

That I've been playing, and I've been staying much the same,

When you are lonely, you're the only one to blame.
__

I am a servant, I've been waiting for your call,

I've been unfaithful, so I sit here in the hall,

How can you use me, when I've never given all,

How can you choose me, when you know I quickly fall.

Yet you feed my soul, and you make me grow,

And you let me know that you love me,

And I'm worthless now, but I've made a vow,

I will humbly bow before thee,

Oh please use me, I am lonely.
__

I am a servant, getting ready for my part,

There's been a change, a rearrangement in my heart,

At last I'm learning, there's no returning once I start,

To live's a privilege, to love is such an art,

But I need your help to start,

Oh please purify my heart,

I am your servant.

No comments: